- What is a perm?
- A perm is a chemical treatment that is applied to hair to create curls or waves that last for several weeks or months.
- How long does a perm last?
- The duration of a perm can vary depending on several factors such as the hair type, the type of perm solution used, and the maintenance of the perm. Generally, perms can last anywhere from 2 to 6 months.
- Can I colour my hair before or after getting a perm?
- It is not recommended to colour your hair immediately before or after getting a perm, as the chemicals used in both processes can damage your hair. It is best to wait at least two weeks after getting a perm to colour your hair.
- Can I wash my hair after getting a perm?
- It is recommended to wait at least 48 hours before washing your hair after getting a perm to allow the curls to set. After that, you can wash your hair as you normally would.
- Can I use regular shampoo and conditioner after getting a perm?
- Yes, you can use regular shampoo and conditioner after getting a perm, but it is recommended to use products that are specifically formulated for chemically treated hair to keep your perm looking its best.
- Can I brush or comb my hair after getting a perm?
- It is recommended to avoid brushing or combing your hair immediately after getting a perm as it can cause the curls to loosen or become frizzy. Instead, use your fingers to gently separate the curls.
- Can I straighten my hair after getting a perm?
- It is not recommended to straighten your hair immediately after getting a perm as it can damage your hair. It is best to wait at least two weeks before using any heat styling tools on your hair.
- How often can I get a perm?
- It is recommended to wait at least 3 to 4 months before getting another perm to allow your hair to recover from the chemicals used in the previous perm.
- Can a perm be reversed or undone?
- A perm cannot be fully reversed or undone
If you think a Perm is for you or if you have any further questions, book in now for the service or a consultation with one of our specialists via the link. Book Now.
Please Note: Perm services are only available at our Subiaco Salon.